Risk Adjustment and HCC continue to impact documentation and revenue daily, putting CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coders) in high demand in different healthcare settings. Now is the time to get ahead in your coding career by signing up for our Risk Adjustment Coding course!
This online – AAPC instructor-led course prepares you in 16 weeks or less to receive AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders) CRC Certification. The course comprises approximately 40 hours of coursework, meets on the specified day(s), and provides one-on-one time with the instructor.
Students taking the CRC Certification Course will gain knowledge of ICD- 10-CM guidelines and disease complexities. They will be able to abstract clinical documentation from the patient’s health record, interpret the patient’s health status, apply guidelines and risk adjustment models and ensure all clinically documented chronic conditions and comorbidities are correctly reported.
Additional knowledge and proficiencies include:
- Understanding the effect of diagnosis coding on risk adjustment payments
- Reviewing and assigning accurate medical codes for diagnoses
- Applying medical coding guidelines and meaning
- Understanding compliance requirements and audit process for risk adjustment
- Ability to identify documentation deficiencies and convey them to providers to improve the accuracy of risk adjustment scores
- Understanding of anatomy, pathophysiology, and medical terminology as they pertain to diagnosis assignment and risk adjustment
Registration in this CRC course includes
- Live weekly virtual class lectures by AAPC Approved Instructor.
- Access to Blackboard for curriculum and modules.
- Access to student Q&A Forum with a live instructor.
- AAPC CRC Course Book (eBook)
- AAPC Practice exams (A, B and C)
- Test Voucher (2 attempts)
- 6 months of Access to AAPC and KW Advanced Consulting curriculum, although the course can be completed in 16 weeks. Extensions are available after the 6-month access, if needed, for an additional fee.
- Analysis of ICD-10-CM coding for all risk adjustment models.
- Reading assignments, practice exercises, chapter reviews, module tests, and a final exam.
- Certification of completion along with 30 AAPC CEUs will be awarded for completing the online modules for AAPC members with a current, active AAPC credential.
Additional Items (not included in some price packages):
- AAPC membership (1 year) = $140.00 (discounted price for students enrolled w/ KW Advanced Consulting)
- ICD 10- CM Book 2023 (Required for the course, any publisher)
CRC Course Requirements
- ICD – 10- CM, published in course year
- Computer with High-speed internet access
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for downloads
Pay in full or Bi-weekly payment plan.
There is a $50.00 payment plan processing fee when selecting the payment plan option.
Bi-Weekly payment Schedule and agreement
If the payment plan option is selected, the authorized deposit amount and an additional $50.00 will be processed. All payment plans have a non-refundable $550 deposit due the day of the signed agreement. Three-Four Bi-weekly payments of $500 will be due until payment is complete. Non-adherence to the scheduled payment plan will immediately restrict your Blackboard access to the course until payment is made and processed.
Step 1: Complete the registration agreement on the “cart” page
- Option 1: Pay in Full
- Option 2: Sign up for our bi-weekly payment plan here.
- Step 2: Blackboard Access
- After processing your order, you will receive further email instructions on course access (user ID and Password)to Blackboard and course instructions.
- Please allow up to 5-7 business days for online access to Blackboard.
- Step 3: Start the program as soon as access is ready! *Course will begin within 5-7 business days after payment is received and the enrollment agreement signed.
CRC certification exams in 2023 can be taken either in-person or electronically online. Those who wish to take the exam electronically will need to alert the instructor during the time of purchase. Review the AAPC video on electronic exams here. Please review before making a final decision.